|Overview||What we offer||Areas supported||Customer groups||Referrals||Facilities|
Yew Tree Lodge
1-12 Yew Tree Lodge, 2 Lidgould Grove, Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 8FH
Yew Tree Lodge was purpose built in 2008 as a supported accommodation for people with Learning Disabilities to live as independently as possible in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
The accommodation is located near Ickenham village and Ruislip town centre which is a short walk away. The local shops and amenities are within a short walking distance . It has good public transport links.
Staff are on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide individually tailored support to the residents.
This service is a long term home for adults who have a learning disability/mental health need and require support with their daily living skills and accessing the community.
It is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide personal care.
What we offer
- To develop and maintain independent living skills.
- To empower individuals with a learning disability/mental health need to thrive in their community.
- To deliver person centred support promoting individuals to make informed choices and achieve their aspirations.
- Ensure safety and wellbeing by working closely with partnership agencies and family members.
The areas of support provided but not limited to:
- Administration of medication
- Personal Care
- Daily living skills (cooking / cleaning)
- Budgeting, paying bills and preventing debt
- Applying for welfare benefits such as Housing Benefit, Council tax benefit, PIP
- Education, training, voluntary work and employment
- Health care appointments
- Leisure and culture
- Accessing the community
- Relationships with family, friends and professionals
- Health and safety
Vulnerable adults with an assessed learning disability and complex needs.
All referrals come from London Borough of Hillingdon via the Learning Disability team or from Care Managers within the Learning Disability Teams.
Hillingdon Learning Disability Team will send referrals electronically (by email) to the Manager. Once received the Manager will arrange a full needs assessment. Assessments must be carried out by two Ability employees.
It comprises of 12 flats over two floors and each flat has one bedroom, a bathroom and it’s own lounge/built in kitchen which includes a cooker, hob, fridge/freezer and washing machine.
The building has a lift and all flats are wheelchair accessible. There is a communal facility which leads out to a patio area and small garden at the back of the building .
To the front of the building there is a fenced off garden and car parking for between 5-7 cars.