|Overview||What we offer||Areas supported||Customer groups||Referrals||Facilities|
Farnham – Cavell House
Cavell House, Roman Way, Farnham Surrey. GU9 9RE
Cavell House provides accommodation, support and care for 4 adults with learning disabilities or mental health issues. There are also a further 4 flats in The Lodge which is adjacent to Cavell House.
In addition, 17 individual flats in the community provide move on accommodation to customers who have achieved the necessary independence to move to more independent accommodation.
The accommodation located near the town centre and is within walking distance to local shops and amenities. It has good public transport links.
The service is available between 8.00 a.m. and 8.00 p.m., 7 days a week to provide individually tailored support to the customers. This service is a short term service for adults who have a learning disability and require support with their daily living skills and accessing the community. The service is registered to provide the regulated activity of personal care under Care Quality Commission.
What we offer
- To develop and maintain independent living skills.
- To empower individuals with a learning disability to thrive in their community.
- To deliver person centred support promoting individuals to make informed choices and achieve their aspirations.
- Ensure safety and wellbeing by working closely with partnership agencies and family members.
The areas of support provided but not limited to:
- Administration of medication
- Personal Care
- Daily living skills (cooking / cleaning)
- Budgeting, paying bills and preventing debt
- Applying for welfare benefits such as Housing Benefit, Council tax benefit, Personal Independence Payment
- Education, training, voluntary work and employment
- Health care appointments
- Leisure and culture
- Accessing the community
- Relationships with family, friends and professionals
- Health and safety
Vulnerable adults with an assessed learning disability
All referrals come from Learning Disability Team at Waverley or Guildford.
The Learning Disability Team, or the Care Manager, will send referrals electronically (by email) to the Manager. Once received the Manager will arrange a full needs assessment.