|Overview||What we offer||Areas supported||Customer groups||Referrals||Facilities|
Flats 3, Wishbone Way, Goldsworth Park, Woking, GU21 3RT
Wishbone Way is a contemporary style purpose built development which was completed in January 2016, comprising of 11 spacious self contained supported living Flats.
The service is walking distance from Goldsworth Park and has good transport links by bus to Woking Town Centre.
This service is for a duration of 2 years for adults with multiple needs who require support with their daily living skills and accessing the community. It is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide personal care under the Surrey Your Ability Service.
What we offer
- To develop and maintain independent living skills.
- To empower individuals with a disability to thrive in their community.
- To deliver person centred support promoting individuals to make informed choices and achieve their aspirations.
- Ensure safety and wellbeing by working closely with partnership agencies and family members.
The areas of support provided but not limited to:
- Administration of medication
- Personal Care
- Daily living skills (cooking / cleaning)
- Budgeting, paying bills and preventing debt
- Applying for welfare benefits such as Housing Benefit, Council tax benefit, Personal Independence Payment
- Education, training, voluntary work and employment
- Health care appointments
- Leisure and culture
- Accessing the community
- Relationships with family, friends and professionals
- Repairs, Health and safety
Vulnerable adults with a disability and / or an assessed need.
A Health and Social Care Needs assessment will be carried out with Social Services , Ability and the potential customer, to find out what level of help and support is needed.
Potential refers are required to complete the Supported Living Accommodation Panel application with the Woking Borough Council Housing Needs Team, subject to the referral having a named Care Professional. The Panel holds a regular meeting to consider new referrals and recommendations for suitable housing, care and support will be made at this meeting. Ability will process the referral, when a vacancy becomes available.
There is an office on site and staff are on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide individually tailored support to help customers to live as independently as possible.